When do I multiply and when do I divide in a capitalization problem?
Staff Q&A from the 63Hours team.
Ask clear questions about the Florida real estate course and learn from course-specific answers.
When do I multiply and when do I divide in a capitalization problem?
Staff Q&A from the 63Hours team.
Start with income = rate x value. To find value, divide annual net operating income by the capitalization rate as a decimal. To find the rate, divide income by value. For a teaching example, $30,000 NOI divided by 0.06 gives $500,000. This is a valuation exercise, not a prediction of an investor's actual return.
Create an account today to enjoy exclusive features and engage with our awesome community!
Sign up| Related Posts | Replies | Views | Activity | |
|---|---|---|---|---|
|
|
1
Sep 26
|
0 | ||
|
|
1
Sep 26
|
0 | ||
|
|
1
Sep 26
|
0 | ||
|
|
1
Sep 26
|
0 | ||
|
|
1
Sep 26
|
0 |
Discussion prompt: Which of income, rate, and value is missing?